What precautionary measures does Even Out take to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus?
Per the recommendations of the Oregon Association of Acupuncturists (OAA), based on an assimilation of data from organizations such as the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Even Out takes the following precautionary measures to promote safety despite the pandemic:
- The Terms and Conditions of scheduling an appointment with us (see the bottom of the Appointments page) specify that fulfillment of the appointment rests on the assertion of the person making the appointment that, on the day of the appointment, the person for whom the appointment is intended has not in the past two weeks had contact with someone presumed or confirmed to have the novel coronavirus and does not have any of the following new or worsening symptoms: fever (suspected or confirmed), cough, sore throat, nausea, shortness of breath, or loss of smell
- Entrance to the treatment area depends on verbal confirmation of the above
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- We maintain at least a two weeks’ supply of relevant PPE
- All entrants to the clinic must wear a face covering (cloth/homemade okay) over their nose and mouth
- Using a disinfectant approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), we wipe down regularly touched non-porous surfaces, such as pens and door handles, each business day before we open, and continue to wipe down the treatment table after each treatment
- We continue to change treatment table sheets after each treatment and recliner chair sheets daily (as a soft surface, the fabric of the recliner chairs carries a low risk of transmitting the novel coronavirus according to the senior director of infection prevention at Johns Hopkins University)
- Everyone seeking treatment must apply hand sanitizer upon entrance to the clinic
How long will Even Out follow these precautionary measures?
As long as we need to! We monitor state and federal guidelines and will update our practices accordingly.