About The Even Out Project
We’re so excited to have you visit our acupuncture clinic in Bend, Oregon!
“We use what we’ve got, and we’ll do what it takes.”
-Lisa Rohleder, licensed acupuncturist and co-founder of the first community acupuncture clinic
Founded on the belief that everyone deserves the opportunity to heal, The Even Out Project in Bend, Oregon, is committed to making acupuncture more accessible to our Central Oregon residents and visitors to promote wellbeing on both an individual and a community level. We achieve this by offering you an additional option to the standard of getting treated in a private room, or private acupuncture. You still have a personalized one-on-one treatment, but in a large, welcoming community room shared with other people who are also getting treated. It’s called community acupuncture, and it allows us to lower the cost of your treatment while allowing you to benefit from the safety and healing power of community.
Eve Harburg, D.A.O.M., L.Ac.
Dr. Eve began her professional studies at the nation’s top-ranked school in her field. While the emphasis there was on acupuncture in a private room, Dr. Eve was passionate about becoming equally adept at acupuncture in a community room where multiple people are treated together to make acupuncture more accessible. She found the specialized training she was looking for at a community acupuncture clinic in Eugene, Oregon, that regularly wins the Readers’ Choice Award for Best Acupuncturist from The Register Guard.
Dr. Eve then joined the small percentage of her colleagues who go on to receive doctorates, furthering her studies at California’s top-ranked school in her field where she was the only doctoral fellow who represented community acupuncture too.
Dr. Eve’s greatest teacher of all has been her own chronic—and chronically misunderstood—health issues, infusing an empathy into her treatments that cannot be taught in any school.
Dr. Eve is a native Oregonian, born and raised in Portland, where the community acupuncture movement began in 2002. She enjoys writing, being in water, and spending time with her husband and their labradoodle.
- Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology (Spanish minor), Colorado College, 2013
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental* Medicine, Oregon College of Oriental* Medicine, 2016
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental* Medicine, Emperor’s College of Traditional Oriental* Medicine, 2020
Certifications & Licenses:
- Acupuncture Detoxification Specialist, National Acupuncture Detoxification Association, 2015-Present
- Diplomate of Oriental* Medicine, National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental* Medicine, 2016-Present
- Licensed Acupuncturist, Oregon Medical Board, 2016-Present
- Licensed Acupuncturist, California Acupuncture Board, 2018-2019
Publications & Awards:
- “Acupuncture for scar healing: Clinical tips from a master of the ‘scar arts.’” Acupuncture Today. 2021;22(3):7, 9-10.
- Central Oregon Health Council COVID-19 mini-grant: for Pandemic Stress Relief Program that provided 140 free acupuncture treatments to alleviate stress for those facing financial difficulties brought on or exacerbated by the pandemic
Honor the roots of an ancient medicine with us.
In Asia where acupuncture originated, receiving acupuncture with others is a longstanding tradition.